While we are an experiential agency at heart, we’re increasingly tasked by our clients to help produce their internal events as well. Here are some tried and true practices we believe help make employees and attendees walk away feeling even more proud of what they do and where they do it.
MAG Experiential Marketing Case Studies
We celebrated Spectrum NY1 network anchor, Pat Kiernan’s 20th anniversary on air.
- Deployed (3) branded food trucks to distribute free breakfast to New Yorkers in Flatiron, the Upper West Side and Brooklyn to celebrate 20 years of Mornings with Pat
- Partnered with existing NYC Food Trucks, Big D’s Grub & Stuf’d, to rewrap their vehicles for the 20th anniversary
- Distributed over (1,000) breakfast items and (1,500) branded water bottles to consumers
- Worked with NY1’s film crews to produce live spots that aired on the network throughout the morning
We hosted a scavenger hunt around NYC to celebrate The Presidents Cup kickoff and generate excitement amongst golf fans.
- Produced an interactive scavenger hunt whereby we custom fabricated (5) life-size trophies modeled after the Presidents Cup, complete with winner plaques and hundreds of red roses
- Placed these trophies in different locations throughout the city and utilizing various NBC talent, created short video clues hinting at the trophy locations
- Encouraged consumers to find them all and post a photo with the hashtag #PresCupSweepstakes for a chance to win
- Custom designed a contest landing page where consumers who weren’t in NYC had the chance to get involved in the fun
- Received over 3,800 sweepstakes entries and over 52,000 total contest page views
We partnered with AGT International to launch FUSO’s eco-friendly box truck, the eCanter.
- Transformed a parking lot in NOHO, NYC into a gas station of the future
- Produced a 2-day launch initiative that featured a variety of B2B programming, including a media event, professional workshops, and complimentary test drives
- Supplemented these engagements with several consumer-facing activations, including a silent disco, smoothie bikes, and live art installations
- Received media coverage that included over 400 mentions published in Forbes, Business Insider, AFR, Japan Times, and Social Push
We provided an engaging experience for fans on behalf of VH1 at RuPaul’s DragCon.
- Produced the VH1 booth at RuPaul’s 2017 DragCon with a runway photo op
- Created custom props for consumers to pose with, including “WERK” signs & “THWOORP” fans
- Distributed branded tote bags as a takeaway for guests to store their convention swag
- Welcomed over (1,500) guests into the space over the course of two days
We created an interactive experience for NYCFC fans by way of an immersive pop-up shop and event space.
- Produced the NYCFC HOUSE, a 1-month pop-up store in the heart of NYC’s Meatpacking District
- Kicked off the campaign with an exclusive, invite-only affair for players and media
- Fabricated structures to hang various pieces of club merchandise throughout the store
- Created all NYCFC branded signage within the shop and managed onsite logistics and overall layout
We promoted the premiere of CNN’s latest docuseries, The Nineties.
- Produced “The Nineties at the Pier,” a 1-day, outdoor film festival at Santa Monica Pier featuring retro game lounges, a GIF booth and a DJ spinning classics from the decade
- Screened (4) television shows throughout the day including 90s staples, Friends and Dawson’s Creek, as well as an advanced screening of The Nineties premiere episode
- Worked alongside CNN to coordinate live broadcasts from the event site, which aired during CNN newscasts at the end of every hour
- Provided complimentary catering to attendees including soda, water, popcorn and 90s inspired movie theatre candy
We raised awareness for the third annual Red Nose Day in the United States, a campaign to raise funds and help fight child poverty.
- Supported Walgreens and Duane Reade, the exclusive retailers selling red noses, in promoting the Red Nose Day event
- Teased Red Nose Day by placing (5) larger than life Red Nose statues in high traffic NYC areas for (7) days
- Produced the official Pre-Event Party in Herald Square Park which took place 1-day in advance of Red Nose Day to encourage consumers to purchase their nose at a nearby store
- Welcomed (25) Red Nose Riders into NYC, who began their ride from Boston 4-days earlier
- Celebrated their arrival with a brief program including remarks from the COO of Walgreens and the CEO of Comic Relief
We celebrated Dear Evan Hansen surrounding the 2017 Tony Awards Season.
- Deployed a custom branded A La Mode ice cream truck at (4) high traffic locations in New York City, including Times Square, Lincoln Square and Bryant Park
- Offered consumers (3) ice cream flavors named after the show, including Evanly Vanilla, Murphy Mocha and Orchard Berry
- Served over (2,000) total servings of ice cream across all (4) activation days taking place throughout May, June and July
- Staffed, managed and trained all onsite Brand Ambassadors to have an immersive understanding of the show
We reinvented MobileIron’s annual user conference, creating an event unlike any MobileIron had produced previously.
- Crafted an “un-conference” experience, rebranding the event as “MobileIron LIVE!” and infusing an innovative, live news feel throughout
- Provided turnkey production services inclusive of show management & technical direction
- Designed a complex truss structure through which we were able to uniquely light different elements of the space to create an unexpected, concert-like environment
- Fabricated plexiglass meeting spaces with walls that could be written on via dry erase marker to foster creative sharing
- Offered custom NFC touchpoints that enabled attendees to collect all session & sponsor content in a democratic, tech-driven fashion